Accoya Bench, design taken from Penshaw Monument, Sunderland
Penshaw Monument officially The Earl of Durham’s Monument is a folly built in 1844 on Penshaw Hill between the districts of Washington and Houghton-le-Spring, within the City of Sunderland, North East England.
Davison and Woods, local carpenters and stand designers built an Accoya bench in memory for their late friend to replicate this wonderful monument that their friend always loved.
4 x 3 metre lengths of 150mm x 50mm were machined and sanded to construct this bench and finished with a clear varnish. The bench now sits in the Sunderland Business Park as a memorial bench.